Skip to Main Content
image of group of business people around table using devices

USCIS to Expedite EAD Renewals for Healthcare Workers

Immigration News
USCIS to Expedite EAD Renewals for Healthcare Workers

USCIS to Expedite Work Permits for Healthcare Workers

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that qualified healthcare workers who have pending employment authorization document (EAD) renewal applications and EADs that will expire in 30 days or less, or that have already expired, can request expedited processing of the EAD application.

Workers should check the related DHS advisory memorandum to determine whether they qualify. Workers requesting expedited processing of their EADs must provide evidence of their profession or current employment as a healthcare workers. To request expedited processing, workers should call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833).